Thursday, December 1, 2011

Christmas Craft Sale

Our homeschool group has put on a wonderful craft sale for the past few years, giving the kids a chance to sell their wares to earn some cash, do a bit of their holiday shopping in a place where they can be free to go shop without a mommy or a daddy looking over their shoulder, and to trade with their friends for the goodies that they most like.

We have gone to do some shopping in the past, but this year William and Charlie wanted to take part.  Together we made soap, beaded bracelets, chocolate snowflakes, Christmas ornaments, and candy cane brownies.  They had such a great time making everything, strategizing what would sell the most, designing the display, and then being shop keepers on the actual night.  They took turns heading off with their earnings in hand, and coming back to the table with little holidays surprises hidden in their pockets. 

Even more fun than the actual sale was watching them scurry around when we got home, insisting on wrapping up their gifts for the people they love before the surprise could be spoiled.




2 comments:

  1. Now that's a great idea! I'm not involved with the homeschooling community where I live, but I've never heard of them doing anything like that before, I bet the homeschooling community in a small town setting is a little closer than in the city. I should have got my kids doing more stuff like this while they were smaller.

    I added your blog to one of my feeders a while ago but for some reason it just started showing up yesterday so I had forgot all about it. I saw your post about the Erin Fair....I haven't been there in many many years but my family is from that area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a great time at the sale!!

    Glad you are enjoying the blog Jolene - I have been really bad at posting lately and am just now getting caught up, so you may see a bit of a flurry of posts in the next few days!

    Hope you and your family are having a wonderful holiday,

    Joanna

    ReplyDelete